- The minimum allowed quantity for Naturals Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is 50 (you currently have 0 in your cart).
Migraines can be debilitating and extremely painful. The intense pain is often accompanied by other symptoms, such as nausea, dizziness, and vomiting. Migraines are often so excruciating they can keep you away from your job, leading to lost wages and a backlog of work. Migraine sufferers need to find a pain relief treatment that works for them that can help with the pain, interrupted schedule, and sickness.
Sumatriptan 100mg , Sumatriptan is a migraine treatment that is most effective during the onset of a migraine. You must be diagnosed with Migraines before purchasing from our Doctors.
What is Sumatriptan?
Sumatriptan 100mg,is prescribed for acute migraine headaches in adults. It is not used to prevent migraine headaches and is not to be used for the relief of cluster headaches. It belongs to the group of medicines called triptan.
Many individuals find their headaches go away completely after taking this medication. Others find that their headaches are less painful, allowing them to be able to go back to their normal daily activities even though a migraine headache is not completely gone. Sumatriptan relieves other symptoms that occur together with a migraine headache, such as vomiting, nausea, and sensitivity to light or sound.
Sumatriptan 100mg, is not an ordinary pain reliever. It will not relieve pain other than from migraine headaches. This medication is typically prescribed for people whose headaches are not relieved by aspirin, acetaminophen, and other pain relievers.
How does Sumatriptan 100mg work?
Sumatriptan is a serotonin-1 receptor agonist which narrows the brain’s blood vessels providing relief from the swelling. It reduces the triggers which cause headaches, noise and light sensitivity, nausea and vomiting brought on by migraines. It is helpful in treating moderate to severe headaches.
The drug is effective in relieving migraine symptoms. It works best at the onset of headaches leading to migraines. It still works even if it was taken after the headache has started, but the relief might take a while before taking effect.
What are the benefits of using Sumatriptan?
The main benefit of using sumatriptan is the relief it provides to an acute migraine headache. It is effective in reducing the substances in the body that triggers headache pain, sensitivity to noise or light, nausea, and vomiting.
How do I use Sumatriptan 100mg?
Strictly follow your doctor’s instructions on how to take this medication. It is important also that you read the Patient Information Leaflet that comes with the medication package when you fill up your prescription. Sumatriptan is not recommended for longer use than what is prescribed by a physician.
Take this medication at the early onset of a migraine, or as soon as a migraine has begun. Take a Sumatriptan tablet with a full glass of water at the start of a migraine.
As a precaution, your doctor may ask you to take the first dose of this medication in his office or clinic in order to observe you for any serious side effects.
If the migraine is not fully relieved, or even if it is relieved but returns, take a second tablet after two hours. Taking more than 200 mg of Sumatriptan within 24 hours is not recommended.
If a migraine headache is not fully relieved, or if it is relieved and comes back, you may take another dose of Sumatriptan after two hours. The maximum dose of sumatriptan is 200 mg in a 24-hour period.
Sumatriptan 100mg dosage
The dose of sumatriptan will be different for different patients. The following are the usual doses of this medication. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor asks you to do so.
The amount of medicine that your doctor will ask you to take will depend on the strength of the medicine.
For migraine headaches:
- Adults – 20 mg, 50 mg, or 100 mg as a single dose. If you get some relief from your headache, or if a migraine comes back after being relieved, take another dose 2 hours after the last dose. Do not take more than 200 mg in any 24-hour period.
Side effects & precautions
As with other medications, the use of sumatriptan may cause some unwanted side effects, although not everybody who uses this medication experiences the side effects.
The following are the common side effects of Sumatriptan:
- A feeling of tingling or numbness
If any of these side effects persist or worsen, see your doctor right away.
In case of an allergic reaction after taking Sumatriptan, seek immediate emergency help if you experience any of the following signs of an allergic reaction after taking this medication:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the skin, face, tongue, lips or throat
Stop taking this medication at the first signs of the following:
- Chest area pains especially if it spreads to the arms or shoulders, along with excessive sweating, nausea or feeling ill, in general.
- Pain or feeling of tightness in the jaw, throat, or neck
- Sudden and immediate intense headache, speech problems like slurring, balance, vision, and confusion
- Numbness of the limbs with some tingling feeling, and pale or blue appearance on fingers and toes.
- Agitation, hallucination, fever, rapid heart rate, nausea, vomiting, overactive reflexes, diarrhoea, a loss or lack of coordination, and fainting
Before you start using sumatriptan, inform your doctor if you are allergic to it, to any of its inactive ingredients, or if you have other allergies.
Do not take this medication if you have a history of heart problems and diseases, angina, blood circulation problems, uncontrolled hypertension, liver disease, or if the headache is not the same as a typical migraine.
Sumatriptan should not be taken if you have taken a migraine medication in the past 24 hours. It should not be taken when you are taking a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor such, e.g. phenelzine, or tranylcypromine, during the prior 14 days.
Inform your doctor in case you have:
- coronary heart disease;
- high cholesterol;
- a history of kidney or liver disease;
- a family history of coronary artery disease; and
- if you are male at least 40 years of age or a woman who has had a hysterectomy.
Additionally, inform your doctor of all the medications you are currently taking especially antidepressants, both prescription and over-the-counter, as these could interact with Sumatriptan.
Sumatriptan should not be used during pregnancy. It should be prescribed only when clearly needed. Discuss with your doctor the benefits and risk of taking this medication during your pregnancy.
Sumatriptan passes into breast milk in small amounts. Consult your doctor before you breastfeed.
A drug interaction may alter the way your medicine works or increase the risks of side effects. Share with your doctor a list of all the medications you are currently taking. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines with first getting the approval of your doctor.
Do not take any MAO inhibitors during treatment with sumatriptan as the combination may cause serious, possibly fatal, drug interactions.
How to buy Sumatriptan online?
You can safely buy Sumatriptan online at Hi-Healthline. You will need first to consult online with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Sumatriptan is the proper medication for your condition.
- Product Name: Sumatriptan
- Manufacture: Sandoz
- Active Ingredient(s): Sumatriptan succinate
- Administration: Oral
- Presentation: Uncoated tablets
- Available Strength: 50 mg and 100 mg
- Exemption: Prescription only medication
- Application: Men and women over 18
- Dosage: See dosing instruction on prescription
- Description: Migraine Pain Relief
- Drug Class: Triptans
- Alcohol Consumption: Do not drink alcohol while taking Sumatriptan
- When Pregnant:Do not consume Sumatriptan
- When Breastfeeding: Do not consume Sumatriptan