Spedra 100mg is a new treatment containing the active ingredient Avanafil which is a phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) inhibitor. It works by relaxing the blood vessels improving blood flow towards and within the penis, allowing an erection to occur upon sexual stimulation.
Spedra 100mg , Spedra is a fast-acting medicine to treat erectile dysfunction. Spedra contains the active ingredient avanafil, which causes the blood vessels in your penis to relax, improving the blood flow to the penis resulting in the ease of gaining and maintain an erection. Spedra will not cause an erection without sexual stimulation.
How does Spedra work?
Avanafil is the active ingredient of Spedra. Avanafil causes the blood vessels in the penis to relax in order to improve the blood flow. It results in an easier way to gain and maintain an erection with proper sexual stimulation.
What are the benefits of taking Spedra?
The main benefit of taking Spedra is the improved ability to gain and maintain an erection. Spedra effectively causes the blood vessels in the penis to relax in order to improve the blood flow, resulting in a sustained erection that can lead to a more satisfying sex life for both the man taking it, and his partner.
How do I take Spedra?
Spedra is available in the following dosages:
- 50 mg tablets
- 100 mg tablets
- 200 mg tablets
One tablet of Spedra can be taken approximately 30 minutes before intercourse. You can take Spedra with or without a meal, however, taking Spedra with a meal will mean that it may take longer to take effect. You must not take more than one Spedra tablet in a 24-hour period.
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Spedra. Alcohol may increase the side effects of the medication. Alcohol has a negative impact on your ability to gain an erection.
You should avoid consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice 24 hours before taking a Spedra tablet, as the active ingredient avanafil interacts with grapefruit juice.
Take one Spedra tablet about 30 minutes before sexual intercourse. Do not take more than one tablet per day.
Your doctor shall determine the strength of the Spedra tablet you should take.
Side effects & precautions
Like all other medicines, Spedra comes with certain side effects. The side effects, however, will not be experienced by everyone who uses Spedra.
The common side effects of Spedra include the following:
- Nasal congestion
The following are the uncommon side effects of Spedra:
- A headache
- Blurred vision
- Back pain
- Heart palpitations
- Hot flushes
- Stomach pains
- Congested sinuses
- Muscle tiredness
- General fatigue
The following are the rare side effects of Spedra:
- Dry mouth
- Seasonal allergy
- Increased heart rate
- Premature ejaculation
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
- Back pain
- Lower abdominal pain
- Muscle spasms
- Spontaneous penile erections
- Penile irritations
- Chest pains
- Increased blood pressure
- Heart murmurs
- Increased body temperature
- Increase in PSA
- Increase in blood creatinine
Spedra is not suitable for everyone and so you should ensure to tell your doctor before taking it if:
- You have heart problems
- You suffer from any condition which affects the shape of your penis
- You suffer persistent erections which last for over four hours
- You suffer from a bleeding disorder or active peptic ulceration.
Do not take Spedra if:
- You are taking ritonavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, or atanazavir to treat HIV or AIDS.
- You are taking nitrate medicines for chest pain.
- You are taking an antifungal medication.
- You are taking an antibiotic such as telithromycin.
- You have a heart problem
- You have a stroke or heart attack in the past 6 months.
- You have an irregular heartbeat.
- You suffer from angina.
- You suffer from low or high blood pressure.
- You have kidney problems.
- You suffer from non-arteritic ischemic optic neuropathy.
- You have a family history of serious eye conditions.
Spedra interacts with certain medications. Share with your doctor a list of all the medications you are currently taking so they can check if any of them interacts with Spedra.
Discuss with your doctor the medications that are known to interact with Spedra. Do not start taking a new medication without discussing with your doctor its possible interaction with Spedra.
- Product name: Spedra
- Active Ingredient(s): Avanafil
- Manufacturer: Vivus Inc
- Administration: 15 to 30 minutes before sexual activity
- Presentation: Tablets
- Available Strength: 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg
- Exemption: Subject to medical prescription
- Application: Men over 18 with impotence/erectile dysfunction
- Dosage: Take 1 tablet 15-30 minutes before sexual intercourse
- Description: Spedra is one of the most popular and effective erectile dysfunction treatments available
- Drug class: PDE5 inhibitor
- Alcohol Consumption: Avoid or limit alcohol consumption